Africa FinTech Festival 2021 I June Edition
The Mauritius Africa FinTech Hub (MAFH) is honored to host the Africa Fintech Festival (AFF) 2021, a concept launched by the AFN in 2018. After two successful editions in Nigeria and Uganda, this 3rd edition is happening this year in Mauritius!
The first part of the AFF was held on 16th June through a 1-Day virtual format with the theme of FinTech, Sustainability and Innovation – The power trio to fast-forward Africa’s growth.
We are happy to report that over 400 people joined in from 60 countries, with key representation from Mauritius, Nigeria, UK, India, South Africa & USA. Participants had the chance to connect virtually with players in the industry, broaden their knowledge on a wide range of topical issues and learnt more about FinTech in the African space! The whole MAFH team would like to thank all the speakers, attendees and sponsors for participating and making this a success!
You can access the full videos for all the sessions held during the day below:
- Digital ID: streamlining customer due diligence to enhance customer experience
- State of Blockchain and Crypto asset regulations in Africa
- Empowering the Future: The importance of Digital Financial Literacy to build sustainable & ethical growth for the sector
- How will Banks survive the Digital transformation phase?
- Deepening access to financial services for african MSMEs
- Modernising the Fight Against Financial Crime
- Building the Future: Fintech, Education, and Upskilling
Stay tuned and visit the Africa FinTech Festival website to get updates on the second and closing part of the event, due to happen on the 13th – 15th October!
In this second edition, we will host even more panel discussions, keynotes and activities relevant to the Pan-African FinTech development scene, with valuable insights from our dedicated speakers discussing key topics ranging from innovation, regulations, investment – deal flow, skills and capacity building.
Do not miss out!
The Mauritius Africa FinTech Hub is a fast-growing ecosystem where entrepreneurs, corporations, governments, tech experts, investors, financial service providers, universities and research institutions can collaborate to build cutting-edge solutions for the emerging African market.